Tips to Organize your desk!
1. Clear off everything – To get started off, first thing you need to do is really clear off everything that is in sight. Dust off the space and fix if there is anything that needs to be fixed.
2. Sort out- After you have cleared everything, you need to pick up only the things you will be using everyday. Followed up with second pile which you may need in a week and finally discard everything in a corner which you know will not add up to your work or inspiration.
3. Setup- Once you have sorted out everything, this stage is all about setting things right and in order. Now that all the junk has been disposed and you are left with only the bare essentials, it is time to put it in right order.
4. Inspiration – Talking about organisation, how can anyone stay away from pretty stationary for organising task & inspiration put together as one! We all need colors and visually appealing things around us to pep up the mood. What better than to have gorgeous useful stationary along that not only helps in organizing but also works as a motivation to really sit down and work. I am a total stationary junkie (so much so that I sometime do need to go on a stationary-buying-ban!)
5. Use Post-its: Those tiny pieces sticking right in-front of you are the reasons why you will actually get things done. They are available in various colors, size and even designs now. However, here is the thing- most post-its are yellow cause it is scientifically proven that when words are written on a yellow paper we tend to remember it easier! Who would mind a little sunshine right in the work place! So fun!
So bring in some fun to your desk with these tips and especially with super cool stationary!
Additional tip: Try and make it a habit to keep things in place. Avoids clutter and an open space works wonders in work process.