Recipe from the book :
This hearty soup makes a delicious satisfying supper. The heat of fresh ginger, which is considered to be powerful anti-inflammatory, works really well with earthy flavor of broccoli, but you could also use pak choi, mange tout or shredded white cabbage.
1 tsp oil
1 onion diced
A thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, grated with skin on
2 broccoli heads, about 400g in total
500 ml vegetable stock
4 celery sticks, diced
A tsp Salt
A pinch of pepper
A handful of toasted pumpkin seeds
1. Set a large saucepan on high heat, add the oil and then add the onion. Reduce the heat and cook for 5 minutes. Add the ginger and cook for another 5 mins.
2. Meanwhile, cut the stalk from broccoli and dice it. Break the rest of the heads into florets.
3. Pour the stock into the pan and add the broccoli, simmer of 10 minutes until the pieces of broccoli stalk are soft.
4. Use hand blender to blitz the soup in the pan until smooth (or do this in a blender). Serve sprinkled with the toasted pumpkin seeds.
- You can use your own version of vegetable stock or make using the book.
- I always blitz the curry in a blender since hot liquid can be dangerous. I usually pour lukewarm water, blitz and then bring it to boil. This way, you don’t have to wait until it cools down for blender.
- You can add more veggies of your choice.
- I always use coriander instead of celery simply coz I love it! (but the taste is strong, so you might want to go easy on it)
- I would love to add pasta to it whenever I am in mood of it.
Read more about 7 Days with The Detox Kitchen Bible HERE.
Detox Bible – Day 1 – Cucumber, Mint & Yogurt Dip
Detox Bible – Day 2 – Spicy Nuts
Detox Bible – Day 3 – Mango Yogurt with Dried Apricots & Banana
Detox Bible – Day 4 – Ginger, lemongrass & clove Tea
Detox Bible – Day 5- Broccoli & Ginger Soup
Detox Bible – Day 6 – Brown rice & Mushroom risotto
Detox Bible – Day 7 – Mango & Raspberry Sorbet