Recipe from the book :
When I tried this tea, I was in love all over again.
A thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger
1 stick of lemongrass, roughly chopped
Grated zest & juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp runny honey
1. Put the ginger, lemongrass and lemon zest & juice in a blender and blitz to a rough paste.
2. Transfer the paste to a medium-sized saucepan and add the honey, clove and 400ml water. Bring to boil and leave to simmer for 5 mins.
3. Strain through a sieve or tea strainer into heatproof glasses and serve hot
- I used Maple syrup instead of honey once I turned off the gas after the boil.
- I used dry lemongrass and it worked just right.
- It really doesn’t take any time at all.
- It feels like drinking into fresh heaven!
- You can skip the blender step and simply crush it all the traditional way & bring it to boil.
- DO NOT ADD MILK !
Read more about 7 Days with The Detox Kitchen Bible HERE.
Detox Bible – Day 1 – Cucumber, Mint & Yogurt Dip
Detox Bible – Day 2 – Spicy Nuts
Detox Bible – Day 3 – Mango Yogurt with Dried Apricots & Banana
Detox Bible – Day 4 – Ginger, lemongrass & clove Tea
Detox Bible – Day 5- Broccoli & Ginger Soup
Detox Bible – Day 6 – Brown rice & Mushroom risotto
Detox Bible – Day 7 – Mango & Raspberry Sorbet